Sunday, August 17, 2014

Beauty: Perfect Side Braid


Have you ever seen an amazing braid on Pinterest, Tumblr ect. you want so badly to recreate it, so you get the technique down to find your braid looks great in the back but does NOT flatter your face at all? Well I have found the solution and I'm going to teach you in this tutorial! 

This is my favorite side braid. It keeps the hair out of my face, looks fancy yet classical/messy, and I always get complements on it.    


To do this you may need a few things

Bobby Pins
Little Rubber-band
Hair Clip 

Got it all? Great! Lets get started!



I like to start with the front of my hair striated/curled (you can see how I do my hair swoosh here). P.S. I know it looks like I'm giving the stink eye in this pic, but I'm just in mid blink from the flash. Seriously that's like the most patronizing look ever. I looks like I'm thinking Really? You don't know how to get your braids perfect? I guess I could bestow my knowledge upon you. I promise I'm not that snobby! Okay, back to the tutorial.  


Here's the trick: you separate the front pieces of your hair before you start braiding.


Clip that hur!


Now, I'm going to start a dutch braid at the top left of my head. If you can't dutch braid just Google it. 


I continue it down to the bottom right of my head.


Keep braiding, blah blah blah.


When there is no more hair to add just braid it normal all the way to the bottom. 


Secure with an elastic. 


Now it's time to pull that braid apart. Make it as big and messy as you want. 


Now let the front pieces free again!


FABULOUS! JK. Take the front pieces, arrange them in an attractive manner, then weave/bobby pin the ends in the existing braid. Try to hide all the pins in the braid.



You may have to weave it pretty far down the braid if you left out longer pieces. 


And that's it! Hope it helped. Thanks for reading! 


No comments:

Post a Comment