Friday, August 8, 2014

Beauty: How I Style My Hair


I've had my share of awkward hair moments in my life, but I have now found a fool proof hair style trick that frames my face nicely and never lets me down. This is a great style for curly/wavy hair, like mine. I think it could also work on straighter hair. Allow me to let you in on it. Okay, lets get started!


So this is my natural hair, it's freshly washed and air dried. It looks pretty good in this picture but, because of my cowlicks, the front pieces always fall in my face. I also get the little curly/frizzy baby hairs on the sides of my head.  


The first thing I like to do is clip up a section of my hair from the side with the most hair.


This allows me to get to the hair underneath. To get a nice smooth swoosh, I like to use a boar bristle brush to smooth the hair before I style it.  


Then I take my straightening iron and, starting at the roots,  flip the iron to make a smooth curl.


And repeat on the other side.


Then do the same this to the front.





And there you have it! Once you get good at this it will only take a few minutes. This is also a great base hairstyle for updos, braids, and pulled back looks. I hope this helped. Thanks for reading!



No comments:

Post a Comment