Thursday, August 21, 2014

Beauty: Dutch Braided Updo Tutorial


Today I'm going to show you how I do one of my favorite updos. You can do this on curly or straight hair, and it will keep those locks out of your face all day. You'll have to have medium/long hair and know how to dutch braid to do this. Lets get started!


I begin by splitting my hair into two sections. You can do a side part, like me, or opt for a middle part. You can also tease the crown of your hair if you want some volume in the back.


I'm going to begin braiding at the very top of the hair section, and continue picking up hair from both sides.


Make sure your braid is going around your head instead of straight down.



 Once you've braided both sides, you can pull on the braids...


...and make them as messy and big as you want!


Once those braids are big and fluffy, you're going to want to take one and pull it around your head.


Use bobby pins to secure it in place, and hide the end of the braid in/under the other braid. If you don't hide and pin down the little pointy ends, you will look like you have horns. No one wants that, so make sure they are pinned good!


Swing that other braid over and pin. You are done! My curly/wavy hair will hold this style pretty well but you can hair spray the crap out of it if you have slippery hair. I hope you've enjoyed! Thanks for reading! 



No comments:

Post a Comment