Friday, January 10, 2014

DIY: Leather Elbow Patches

 Have you ever wanted one of those cool elbow patch sweaters, but couldn't justify actually buying one? Well have I got the DIY for you! It's cheap and there is no sewing machine required. Let's get started!

 First your going to need some faux leather. I got mine at Walmart for $5 a yard. It's very easy to sew, and I highly recommend it.

 Time to make a pattern. I just folded some notebook paper into fourths, and cut an oval like shape. You could do a heart, or some other shape as well. Just keep adjusting the size until you get it right.
  
 Next, try on your sweater and put a pin at your elbow.

 Use your pattern to cut out two pieces of leather. Pin on the elbow marks.

 Now it's time to sew them down. I selected this cool forest green thread.

 Just thread your needle and get sewing. I chose to do a messy stitch (to give it a more rustic look), but you could do it as neat as you want.

 Then repeat on the other arm. 

And your done! Isn't that sweet? I hope you've enjoyed this tutorial, and have a great day! -Zoe

No comments:

Post a Comment