Friday, June 27, 2014

DIY: Lace Accent Shorts (Not Super Short)



I'm a big fan of these shorts with lace detail, that I've been seeing all over Pinterest. I've noticed that they are mostly super short, so I decided to make a longer version. Here's how it went. 


First, I laid a vintage table cloth over my shorts (pants that I cut), and cut out the shape I needed to cover half the shorts....


...and for the back pocket. Then I pinned them both and sewed them down using the zig zag stitch on my machine, and also needle and thread.  






I serged around the bottom edge of the shorts, try them on and roll the hem twice. 


I safety pinned the hem, took them off, and sewed the sides down. 




And that's it! I really like how they turned out. The lace kind of tends to rip around the edges, but I like the grunge-y, falling apart look. Thanks for reading, and have a great day!


No comments:

Post a Comment