Thursday, October 10, 2013

DIY: 3D Paper Flower Wall Decor

Recently I made some wall flowers to cover a boring spot in my room. I think it turned out really well, so I thought I'd share how.
What you will need is three sheets of paper (any kind), and 9 tacks (I know there are only 8 here). 

Fold the corner of the paper over....

..like so.

Then cut off the bottom.

Fold the right corner to the middle...

..and the left.

Then fold in half...

..then in half again.

Then cut in a half pedal shape.

It will look like a flower when opened.

That was the big flower, the next two sheets of paper will give you the medium sized flowers. First fold in half.

Fold in half.

Then cut off the bottom...

..open..

..and cut down the middle. Then use the two squares and repeat the step, I showed before.

Now take the left over pieces...

...and fold the corners down.

Then cut them off,and make them into flowers...

...and do the same for the middle piece. You should get three flowers, from each paper strip.

Now you should have 1 big flower, 4 medium flowers, 6 little ones, and 3 really little flower. 

I took a tack and pushed it through the big flower and one of the really little ones.

Then stuck it to the wall, using my owl rock to pound it in (you could,of course, use a hammer).

So that one marks the center of the arrangement. Next I put the little flowers over the medium ones, and put them on all four sides of the big one. Then I put the remaining little flowers at the top corner, and the really little ones at the bottom. 

I think it tuned out pretty cool. I hope this was helpful to you. Please like my Facebook page. And have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment