Friday, August 30, 2013

DIY: Girl's Pillowcase Maxi Skirt

Recently my little sister (the one seen above) asked if I could make a maxi skirt for her, out of a pillow case. I had never done it before, but I decided to give it a try. I thought it turned out pretty well and my little sister loves it! So I thought I would share how to make one. 

Okay, so first off, this is an knit material pillow case. It's also pretty long and thin, which works out because so is my sister. You could make this skirt with a cotton pillow case, just know it will look different. You can see from the picture, that I cut off the closed off end of the pillow case, and left the hem on the other end alone.

Next I cut some elastic, a little smaller than the circumference of her waist, and pined.  

Then I sewed it up......

.....and went back over it.

Then I opened it up and...

....sewed a rectangle over it.

Next I pinned my elastic and fabric in fourths. 

And sewed around, stretching as I went.

And that's it! Pretty easy, huh? I hope you enjoyed this DIY, please like my  CuteAsACuttlefish. FB page for more updates. Have a great day! -Zoe

No comments:

Post a Comment