Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Beauty: Gold, Green, Plum Nails

This cool, metallic nail look is one of my favourites to wear. It's really easy to do, and you can use any colors with this method to get lighter, darker, or brighter looks.  

These are the nail polishes that I used, from left to right: OPI I Brake For Manicures ; OPI Uh Oh Roll Down The Window; Sinful Colors All About You.

I'm just going to show how to do this on my thumb, but obviously you would do it on all your fingernails. The first thing you want to do is paint all your nails with a few coats of your dark color. 

After that dries, take your lighter color and paint a stripe going down the middle. It doesn't have  to be perfect. The light in the middle of the dark, is going to create an illusion of metallic nails, after the glitter is on.  

Add on one or two coats of a shear glitter polish, and your done! Finish with a top coat if you like and let dry all the way. 


I hope you enjoyed this tutorial, have a great day! -Zoe Pease 

1 comment: