Wednesday, April 4, 2012

DIY: How To Put A Photo Onto Fabric

Yesterday I made this wallet for one of my sisters friends. She wanted a photo of St. Sebastian on the front, so I thought I would show you my method of applying photos to fabric.

The first thing I do is print the photo I want with a laser printer, and cut it out.  Then I cut out a piece of heat n' bond (I got mine at Walmart for $2 a yard) that is a little bigger than the photo.

Then I place the photo on my fabric.....

...and place the heat n' bond on top.

Next I iron it down on low heat,

let cool, and peel off. The adhesive should create a protective layer over the photo.

And thats it. Pretty easy, right? This method is good for wallets and bags, but not so good for items that need frequent washing, like a T-shirt. Give it a try and let me know what you think in the comments. Thanks for reading! 

No comments:

Post a Comment