Thursday, July 17, 2014

DIY: Chemical Free Deodorant


As you may know, I have been using chemical free beauty and hygiene products for a few years now. I have very sensitive skin, and I find it best to cut down on harmful chemicals as much as possible. So today I thought I'd share my deodorant recipe. It uses natural ingredients you probably have in your kitchen, and take like 5 minutes to make. So here it is!         


1 Tsp Arrow Root Powder
1 Tsp Baking Soda
1/2 Tsp Coconut Oil (soft) 
20 Drops Essential Oil 


Mix the ingredients... 


...and spoon into a jar/container. 


That's it! Super easy, right? You can double, triple, or quadruple the ingredients, if you want to make a larger amount. I am just cautious of bacteria growing in it, so I make a little batch every month or so. 
The way you use this is to just take a small amount on your hand and apply to your under arm area. I should mention this deodorant is fine for everyday use, and it will keep you pretty fresh. However if you are an intense sweat-er, and you use clinical strength antiperspirant, I don't think this will be strong enough to replace it. This works for me, and I hope it was helpful to you. Have a great day!


No comments:

Post a Comment