Monday, May 12, 2014

DIY: How To Take In A T-shirt Dress




So, I found this T-shirt dress at the thrift store for $2. It's a little baggy at the top, but the bottom fits well, and I thought I could just take it in. If you want to see how just keep scrolling.  


The fist thing to do is, cut off the sleeves. (sorry for the out of focus photo)


Cute the sleeves open and set them aside. We'll deal with them later.


Find a shirt that fits you well, and has a similar stretch. It helps to have a sleeveless one, but if you can't find one, just fold the sleeves in, and use is as your pattern. (again sorry about that photo) 



Now for the sleeves. Put it up to the new arm hole, and cut off the extra.


Sew it back onto the dress, then pin and sew up the sides. (I used my serger, but you could also use a standard machine)


And that's it! This dress is super comfortable, to just wear with some sandals in the summer. I would also wear it with boots, leggings and a big scarf, for the fall. I hope this was helpful. Have a great day!-Zoe

No comments:

Post a Comment